Friday 6 July 2007

The Chaos Engine is born hip hip hurray

Welcome to "The Chaos Engine" ok what is the chaos engine? Well its a blog about what I Uncle Cyrus gets upto in real life and in the virtual world... Yes I am a damn gaming addict and it
usually revolves around MMO's or MMOG's thats Massivley Multiplayer Online Games.
I think the title of the blog describes what I think of general movement with todays society and towards and life virtual and not.

A little about myself first. First and formost am an English Gamer have been since the age of 11 when i got my first computer and second im a Software Developer by trade. Sorry but thats just my priorities!! :D

What sort of games am I into well MMO's as I have already stated and also im into RTS thats Real Time Stratery and FPS . First Person Shooters....

--History--
MMO's
So how did I come across MMO's when I guess the first time I was exposed to MMO's was on a service called Prestel/Micronet god that is along time ago :D I had a crappy modem and used to log into usually not very sucessfully into a MUD ( Multi User Dungeon ) called Shades. The there it was years later before I got into proper MUDs at College the main distraction
being Cheeseplants House (Chat based) hosted at Warrick University ah the JANET network... I even wrote a crappy one at Oxford Polytech anway I digress. This experience basically forged what was to become an Epic addiction. Okay lets fast forward so what I am playing now...

EVE Online
Lineage 2

RTS
I started on a game for the Amiga ( damn that was a fine machine ) called Megalomania ( Awesome for its time ) and Supremacy ( also very good ). This trend advanced as the computing power advanced. Moving forward in time I liked very playing Starcraft which was my first real PC RTS followed by its subsequent Broodwars expansion. Okay best RTS yet? Difficult because Starcraft was aewsome but Stronghold Crusador was very good too. I bought the more recent versions but they didnt get me like Strong Crusador did. Currently I have just bought Supreme Commander , damn I cant wait to get the cellophane off!

FPS
ok this started with Doom then Doom2 .. Unreal .. I had some late nights at work, then onto Halflife + expansions , Doom 3 and now im into Battlefields 2.

Okay thats enough typing for now ...Seeya.

No comments: